In order not to leave a consumer alone in the event of a dispute with a bank or a credit company. The latter have the obligation to be “affiliated” to a mediation service.
Please note: When we speak of a mediation service, it is not a question of customer service internal to the financial organization, but rather of an external service.
It is important to clearly differentiate between these two possibilities of appeal:
Customer service: These companies are for the most part very large companies structured in several services, they each have an internal customer service which is responsible “in principle” for answering questions and complaints from customers.
Mediator: The law obliges bankers and financial organizations to appoint an independent mediator who will be competent to manage disputes between themselves and their clients.
It is not possible to enter the mediator from the start, your request will be rejected. In fact, the consumer who disagrees with his bank or another organization must first try to resolve the problem “amicably” with the financial establishment.
It is therefore necessary to follow a specific procedure:
- Contact customer service by phone or mail explaining the concern and asking for an explanation and a quick solution.
- If the problem is not taken into account or if no answer is given. A registered letter with AR should be sent to customer service. Which must mention your identity, address, telephone number, contract number, reason for the dispute and history of the problem.
- It is only in the event of non-response from customer service or in the event of an unsatisfactory response that the mediator may be validly contacted.
Enter the mediator:
The referral to the mediator is made by mail, which clearly mentions the statement of the problem, the contact details of the establishment concerned, those of the applicant. As well as details of the steps already taken to find an amicable solution. The copy and acknowledgment of receipt of the LRAR.
- The contact details of the competent mediator appear in principle in the contract.
- Otherwise, type on the search bar of your PC: ” mediator ” followed by the name of the financial institution. Example: Infra bank